Edinburgh, the beating heart of Scotland is an incredible place to spend some time over Easter. We have made a list of 5 things to do in Edinburgh this Easter to help you get lots of ideas about where to go and what to see in the spring sunshine.
Get In Touch With Nature At The Royal Botanic Garden
The Royal Botanic Garden in Edinburgh is a hidden paradise in the centre of the City. In the Winter, the flowers are dusted with frost but during Easter, the colours begin to unfold and the beauty of the garden is in full swing.
The landscape is over 350 years old and showcases an incredible variety of plants. Not only does this offer a wonderful day out perfectly suited for families and couples alike, but it is also a great place to de-stress and offers many positive effects on health and wellbeing. For those who want to get a deeper insight into what the garden has to offer, you can have guided tours during your visit. The themed gardens, such as the Alpine Garden, let you enjoy different a variety of species. You can view the Royal Botanic Garden’s website here.
- Timing is Key: Visit during peak bloom times to witness the gardens in their full spring glory.
- Family-Friendly Activities: Check for family-friendly activities and workshops during the holidays.
- Photography Opportunities: Bring a camera to capture the vivid colours and the beauty of spring in the gardens.
Dive Into History At Edinburgh Castle
Edinburgh Castle is not so much a hidden gem, but a mark of heritage in the centre of the City and it overlooks the bustling streets below. An adventure round the castle is a perfect start to the Easter holidays and offers lots of excitement for the little ones, it is also super educational!
Edinburgh Castle is one of the best historical monuments in Western Europe and it still stands in incredible condition. You get the opportunity to see the great hall, St Margaret’s Chapel, and the One o’clock Gun. If you want to make a specific itinerary that aligns with your interests, their website offers some great ideas, you can find them here. You must pre-book if you want to see inside the castle. Without buying a ticket, however, you can still soak in the incredible views of the city from its vantage point and see Edinburgh in all its glory during Spring. Edinburgh Castle often hosts Easter events and activities so it is important to keep an eye out for these on their website.
- Check Event Calendar: Stay updated on the castle’s event calendar for Easter-specific activities.
- Guided Tours: Opt for guided tours to gain deeper insights into the historical significance of the castle.
- Interactive Exhibits: Engage with interactive exhibits that are great for both adults and children.
Indulge In Some Delicious Food At The Witchery By The Castle
To keep in theme with Edinburgh Castle, you could enjoy a wonderful spot of food at The Witchery. This boutique restaurant offers incredibly hearty meals and we are getting hungry just thinking about it! Families will love the fun of the decor and the unique experience, while couples will love that it has a really romantic atmosphere. You can even get a two-course lunch here for £29.95. It is worth noting that their Easter menu is always out of this world! Step back in time and enjoy fabulous, local dishes this Easter at the Witchery. You can view the restaurant here
- Reservation Recommended: Given its popularity, make reservations in advance for a relaxed dining experience.
- Seasonal Specials: Inquire about special spring-themed dishes or tasting menus.
- Evening Reservations: Consider an evening reservation for a more intimate and magical experience.
Treat The Kids To A Day Out At Dynamic Earth
Dynamic Earth is Edinburgh’s Science Centre and Planetarium. There are fully immersive 360 interactive galleries, real icebergs, tropical monsoons in a real rainforest and even a full-dome planetarium. There is so much to keep young ones engaged and busy! This is all sure to help your children foster a love of nature and discovery. The mission of Dynamic Earth is to teach the incredible story of the evolution of the planet right from the very beginning! Even as adults, we think this sounds utterly amazing. You can find out more information, plan your visit, and book tickets here. There are also often events over Easter, so keep in the loop with any of these.
- Family-Friendly Workshops: Look for workshops designed for families with different age groups.
- Interactive Zones: Spend time in interactive zones that are fab for both children and adults.
- Plan for Exploration: Allocate enough time to explore the diverse exhibits and participate in workshops
Enjoy A Unique Stay At Hotel Indigo Edinburgh
To make your stay extra special you can enjoy your stay resting at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh on York Place. Nestled in the heart of Edinburgh, we offer a unique and stylish stay, with spring bringing a touch of seasonal charm to our modern luxury. Our central location and contemporary design make it an ideal place for those who want comfort and convenience.
- Explore Nearby: Take advantage of our hotel’s proximity to Easter events and attractions in Edinburgh.
- Spring Packages: Have a look at our special spring packages or promotions on our website.
- Local Recommendations: Ask our hotel staff for nearby Easter-themed activities and dining options.
We hope this list of five things to do this Easter in Edinburgh inspires you! If you fancy making your stay extra magical, you can book to stay with us on our website here.